Phrase

Giving your unpainted armies a ray of hope.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

So Many Contests!

Yesterday I talked about the Wyrd Miniatures contest I will be entering. Today I found another contest that I have a hard time saying "no" to.


MiniWarGaming.com posted a contest today, and I really want in.



The rules are pretty basic: make an epic wargaming video. If you win, you get a huge amount of to-be-announced prizes, plus a $500 shopping spree in their store.

The categories are:

  • Battle Reports
  • How To
  • Short Film
  • Stop Motion
  • Machinima
  • Everything Else
The only requirement seems to be that the video is good, maybe even epic. Easy enough, right? Ha! Have you met a geek before? We are created to be obsessive about our hobbies and we can't help but throw ourselves in to something we care about. People will go nuts with their videos!

But despite my odds, I really want in on this thing. I don't have a dynamite idea that will secure 1st place yet, but I think I could make it happen. I have a good group of people I can bounce ideas off of, a supportive wife, and an appropriately obsessive personality that will let met work on both contests without abandoning my other responsibilities.

I'm off to the drawing boards now. The ideas so far are
  • Live-action battle report using real people
  • Music video
  • Humorous stop-action film - "I hate my player" support group for models who... well, hate the people who play them.
  • full-blown 3d CGI special effects spectacular with voice-acting from Patrick Stewart, Samuel L. Jackson and Morgan Freeman!!!
The last one may not be doable before April 30th, but the other ideas are workable! Let me know what you guys think, and hit me up with any ideas you may have. After all, if I win I won't be the only one getting prizes...

See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Idea #3 sounds the funniest too me but it is closely followed by #1. Assuming that the 2 starts from idea #4 are not realistically on your speed dial.

    ReplyDelete