Phrase

Giving your unpainted armies a ray of hope.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Going Green




Today didn't feel like grime time. Instead, the Kraken decided to balance some awesome airbrush work with equally frustrating inks.

I've never been the biggest fan of using inks. I know they can be used to great effect, I just can't make it happen. No matter the quantity I load in to my brush, it finds a way to creep over the edge and just mock me with its teeny tiny blemish.

I didn't take any pictures because I didn't want the ink to sit too long, but trust me that there was a LOT of cleanup around any area with the green glow effect. And there were a lot of them.





I was going to call it good for the day and just enjoy some free time tonight. That lasted about 30 minutes, and I could resist the urge to finish putting his front legs together, painting and highlighting all the metal areas, and rusting up the big cannon.



So that's where he is now. I think grime needs to be next, so look forward to seeing this looking like a sanitation nightmare. Tomorrow I should have batteries in my camera, so I can stop with all this nonsense with the fuzzy iPhone pics.

See you tomorrow!

1 comment: