Phrase

Giving your unpainted armies a ray of hope.

Monday, January 7, 2013

Rust What the Doctor Ordered


I love my airbrush, and I'd like to show you why.



Do you see those highlights and shadows? Other than a slight glare in the middle, all the highlight and shadows effects are from the airbrush. There's no way I could use a brush at this scale without flipping my painting table

But it's too clean, don't you think? I have been wanting to try the hairspray weathering technique I've been hearing about, and anything Cryx related is a prime candidate for rust.



Hideously beautiful. I'm trying to decide if I'm more excited to get the necrotite glow in all the vents, or get a grime effect going down all the rivets. I guess you'll find out tomorrow!

And before I'm accused of cheating by making blog posts about a commission piece, I want to assure you that this won't be a normal thing. It's a Colossal, and it deserves special treatment.

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. IMPRESSIVE!! I love the rust effect. I don't know if Josh does, but I think it is awesome. You are going to be an airbrush beast in no time at all. BTW. If you need models to practice on. You know who to call. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh will receive his tetanus risk and like it!

    ReplyDelete