Phrase

Giving your unpainted armies a ray of hope.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Back to the Motherland?

After being honest about my feelings for Khador, I decided to throw myself in to a painting project to see if I could re-ignite my love for the big red machine.



I'd been working on the Behemoth between projects ever since I got my airbrush. It was nice not having to paint a red basecoat again, but I had a hard time getting excited about finishing the model. After my post two days ago,, I decided to give it one last hurrah.



I'll admit it, I had fun. It had some new bits to it I'd never painted before, and I enjoyed weathering the armor and using some new undergrowth basing material (seen on the rock). I also took this opportunity to test drive my Tin Bitz, which is the brownish-bronze metal seen on the back of the hands and on the smoke stacks

I think the worst part about this guy was getting a decent photo - he has so many angles where this piece or that wants to gets lost in the bigger body. And when the only bad thing about painting a model is photographing it, you know it was a good piece.

But still... it was just another Khador warjack. I've done them before, and I have plenty more waiting for me to do it again. I paint my own models for fun, and I think I need an extended break before Khador is going to be part of that rotation again. I'll have some Grey Knights to paint once I get around to assembling them, plus I'll have my commission work occupying my time (including an upcoming project I never thought I'd be excited about!).

So that's that, I suppose. I gave it my best, and painting was just as relaxing as ever, but I don't see Khador getting much love in the near future. I really want to finish the army by the end of the year so I can cross something off my list, but I'm in no rush.

In another bit of exciting news, I'll be participating in a Magic draft this evening - my first since Time Spiral back in 2006! I'll have more info on drafting on a followup post, but for now wish me luck.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment