Phrase

Giving your unpainted armies a ray of hope.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Goodbye Base Coating!

Who has zero patience for base coats and a new air brush to remedy that?

THIS GUY!

That's right. After spending all this time using my hatred of base-coating as an excuse to have some unfinished models, I found a wonderful surprise sitting outside my front door today.




















The Iwata HP-CS is often called a workhorse airbrush, and comes highly recommended for beginners. The compressor is nothing special - it's from TCP Global, and has a compressor tank to prevent air fluctuation from the pistons.

Basically, these months of watching YouTube tutorials can finally start paying off. I bought some cleaner and paint thinner today, so I'll start beautifying some pieces of paper and bits of cardboard as soon as the kids get to sleep tonight. The goal is to get familiar with it and then record myself blindly flailing my way through painting a piece of terrain.

But until then, I'd like close with my favorite warning from the air compressor instruction book. I've checked creative writing papers for high schoolers before, so the poor translation wasn't too hard to get through. But this one got an audible laugh from me:

"Never allow the children to touch the working machine or insert the stick into the machine. It will cause the danger of scald or get an electric shock."   It's important to note that there's no stick that came with the compressor or air brush. Apparently kids shoving sticks in the compressor is a common enough occurrence that it warranted an explicit warning. Don't worry, my children have been warned.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment