Phrase

Giving your unpainted armies a ray of hope.

Friday, November 29, 2013

What Was Your Haul?


Black Friday has come and (almost) gone, and gamers were treated to a lot of sweet deals this year. Last year I managed to score a Behemoth for about $35, so I was definitely excited to see what was in store this year. Long story short - I cheated and then cheaped out.

On Wednesday I called my buddy Josh about Miniature Market's sale that actually started two days early. They had a nice spreadsheet of items for sale, and we each found things we were looking at picking up in the future. He got a lot of Christmas shopping done, and I'm really excited for my stuff to come in.

I've spent a lot of the year talking about getting in to Malifaux. With the new edition I've been doubly excited about jumping in, since there are a lot of benefits to starting a new edition before the community has made up their minds on what's good and bad. So when we saw the 2nd edition rulebook on sale, you know we had to jump on that action! One of the starters I'm interested in was also fetching a good price, so we slapped that on the tab as well. We topped it off with the Arsenal Decks that give more options for each faction, and I was good to go. In a week or two I should be writing a giddy post about finally playing my first game! And being the awesome guy that he is, he decided to just roll the money I'd owe him in to painting credit since I've had a lot of house repairs recently.

This morning Fritz called me with a deal that was way too hard to pass up. Greylord Outriders, an amazing $60 Khador unit for $30 at our local gaming shop. How could I say no? It turns out that "no" is the most straightforward way to do it. Were it a unit that was in one of my two main Khador lists I might have been able to consider it, but between house repairs and my crammed painting shelf it just wasn't feasible. Of course that didn't stop me from booting up War Room and oggling their stats anyway!

I've never been a big Black Friday shopper because I don't like fighting the impulse of buying things I don't need just because they're on sale. But getting a wicked deal on a game I've wanted to play for nearly a year, without even needing to leave the house, is a very good thing in my book! I can't wait to finally dive in to the game and see what it's all about. So look forward to anything from a battle report to my impression of a 13 year old girl talking about getting to dance on stage with One Direction, or whatever new boy band all the young whippersnappers are listening to these days.

Did you guys get a good haul for Black Friday? Most sales are going on until Monday, so it may not be too late!


See you tomorrow!

Remember to follow me on Facebook! I'm doing a blog post every single day for 2013, and Facebook is a great way to stay up-to-date as well as take part in my monthly giveaways. This month I'm giving away everything you need to play the Warmachine scenarios!

1 comment:

  1. I picked up some new brushes but that was about it. I was hoping to find a good deal on some Lego but nothing jumped out. Did get something last week though so no complaints. .

    ReplyDelete