Phrase

Giving your unpainted armies a ray of hope.

Sunday, November 3, 2013

I Need a Healing Potion


One of the best parts of being a young gamer was sick days. Sure I might be so sick that I was in a coma for a few hours, but eventually I'd be ready for a regimen of water, toast, Pepto Bismal, and hours of gaming. Parents never understood that no matter what was wrong enough we were never too sick to save the princess.

Fast forward to today. I'm down with the flu, and my brains weeps at the thought of trying to focus on a game. I've been catching up on Fringe and Arrow, but my body won't even entertain the idea of playing a game on my phone without making me nauseous. 

Is this how gamers know they're getting old? Is it time to start leading stories with "Back in my day..." when I can't game while sick? Surely I can't be ready to hike up my pants and start playing chess in the park while complaining about kids these days. 

I already felt old when I commented to someone on how my body would fall apart if I tried half the things my kids did, but I can blame that on a long history of knee and back injuries. But when my body won't let me slay ogres or save the world maybe it's time to start looking at retirement villages. For now I'm going to cut this short because I'm pretty sure there are some kids on my lawn. 

See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. How far into Arrow are you? I thought it was a pretty good show. I have been enjoying season two so far.

    ReplyDelete