Phrase

Giving your unpainted armies a ray of hope.

Monday, July 8, 2013

Warmachine Tactics - Photo Breakdown 2

Privateer Press had an interesting blog post today, which was basically an introduction from a member of WhiteMoon Dreams, the designers of Warmachine Tactics, as well as some insight to the game's development. It's an interesting read and I encourage you to check it out.

And the end of this post, Jay gave us yet another teaser from a multiplayer screenshot. Check it out.



  • There are 7 portraits on the side, compared to the 6 we've seen. I think this means we'll get a points allowance to bring various characters, similar to the actual game, as opposed to 1 warcaster, 2 warjacks, and 3 infantry.
  • Multiplayer will let us use existing warcasters! In my first breakdown, a reader let me know that PP confirmed the single player character for Cygnar would be Allison Jakes, Journeyman Warcaster. For multiplayer, it looks like we'll get characters from the tabletop. Does this mean our single-player character won't be used online? Depending on how powerful or imbalanced we can make our SP character, that may be the case.
  • The "grid" is... interesting. Personally, I hope there's an option to toggle an actual grid. This looks very clean and will appeal to many players, but I'm so used to grids that something like this, while more eye-pleasing, isn't as appealing to me.
  • It looks like premeasuring will be a thing. I can't make any sense out of the red lines, but they certainly indicate something that we usually have to guess at in the game. My first instinct is that it was either their threat range, or where the Butcher could attack from. But then you have a red line around the rocks above Butcher, and the circle around the closest enemy doesn't look like it indicates the Butcher's reach. I don't know, it's pretty confusing but it's certainly more concrete information than we're used to.
  • This may be reaching, but it looks like stealth may be a common thing in this particular map. If you look at the top and left of the screen, there are some torches placed around these ruins. Maybe it's just for looks, but I think it'd be really neat if they took full advantage of all the things we can do in Warmachine. If we can destroy the environment I'll be in love.
That's all I've got. If you look at the portraits, a few characters have some circles while others don't. I'm open to all guesses on what it could mean!

See you tomorrow!

Remember to follow me on Facebook. I'm doing a blog post every single day for 2013, and Facebook is a great way to stay up-to-date as well as take part in my monthly giveaways!

No comments:

Post a Comment