Phrase

Giving your unpainted armies a ray of hope.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Where's My Gameplay?


As I was looking through the various game reveals from E3, I found myself fast-forwarding through the cinematic trailers and sometimes rewatching the reveals that actually featured gameplay. I was most excited about a game that let me see what I'd be doing - this was evidenced by the fact that I wanted to play Ryse, a brutal game that typically wouldn't hold my interest, more than Quantum Break, a game whose trailer looks amazing, but doesn't say much about the game.

My reasoning for this is pretty basic. Companies can talk a good game by showing us a spectacular mini-movie like what we see for the upcoming Assassin's Creed: Black Flag...




And quite another to show exactly what you can expect like they did with The Division.




Side note: I want this game!

Personally, after years of awesome trailers for mediocre games, I no longer trust these cinematic teasers, and at times would rather skip them altogether. Quantum Break hooked me because of the amazing graphics, but the only thing about it I have to look forward to is that it probably has something to do with time manipulation. The Division, Titanfall, and Destiny gameplay demos let me get excited because I'm getting a taste of what I can see and do.

So while E3 has had a lot of great stuff so far... stop producing movies and start showing me the reason I want to buy the game! Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'm going to go watch the Titanfall demo one more time.


See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. You should of used Alien Colonial Marines as a prime example of this. Their E3 videos were not even close to being a true representation of the actual game.

    ReplyDelete