Phrase

Giving your unpainted armies a ray of hope.

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Just When I Thought I Was Out


I've known my friend Tony for about three years now. We first met while playing Call of Duty, and since then he's been the person I've gamed with more than anyone. We've trudged our way through the good and bad Call of Duties, played on a Minecraft server together, and tried several multiplayer games between Xbox and PC.

He's always talked about starting a YouTube channel and doing gameplay commentaries like WoodysGamertag, or recording live sessions of games that aren't shooters. He's finally getting things for his channel rolling, and today I got a text asking me to join him during his live gameplay sessions so he doesn't feel awkward having to talk to no one. Having done my own videos where I basically talk to no one, I got where he was coming from.

Those who read every day may remember that I haven't really played video games this year (something my wife is still trying to wrap her mind around). I did a marathon session of Tomb Raider, played some World of Warcraft, and did some stuff for my Rest Time Reviews. Otherwise my gaming has been pretty limited, all the while Tony and some of our other gaming buddies have been asking me to play more often. So I guess helping a friend in need is what it takes to get me back in!

I'm pretty excited. Last year we played a bit of Dungeon Defenders, and so we're going to start a Let's Play series beginning with that game. All he's asking is for 3 hours a week, which should be doable (you'd think, anyway). I'm not sure what the quality will be like, but after blogging for the past 7 months I must admit it's a lot of fun to share content that interests you with people you don't know, and this could be a very fun way to expand my content. Like I said yesterday, I'd love to do a Let's Play of X-COM on Iron Man (read: hardcore) mode, and this may give me the push to do more video content of my own.

So keep an eye out for our first video, and be ready to subscribe to him because he's a great guy who is going to be pushing himself to create awesome content.


See you tomorrow!

Remember to follow me on Facebook. I'm doing a blog post every single day for 2013, and Facebook is a great way to stay up-to-date as well as take part in my monthly giveaways! This month's giveaway is for an iOS copy of X-COM Enemy Unknown, so enter here to win!

No comments:

Post a Comment