Phrase

Giving your unpainted armies a ray of hope.

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Graduation Day!


I just got a commission project I never expected to get.
When I first got it in my mind that I wanted to learn to paint miniatures, my friend Chris made the mistake of offering his advice. To him it was probably a little encouragement, but to me it meant that I could pester him mercilessly with all sorts of questions. And pester I did!

One thing I've always liked about Chris is that he's very particular about his models. When painting his Thunderhead, he did over 100 glazes just to get the white to look perfect. Madness I say, but that's how he rolls. So when I got an email asking about doing a project for him I had to stop and reread it again, then show it to my wife who was equally surprised that Chris would trust anyone else to paint his miniatures.

It's almost like I've passed a rite of passage. I'm no longer that new guy flailing around in the dark trying to figure things out. The guy who taught me to paint asked me to paint something for him... that must mean I'm doing something right, right?

So here's my initiation in to painter manhood. Let's hope I don't screw it up too bad!




Wish me luck and I'll see you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Holy Crap! That is a pretty big deal. I didn't think I would ever see that happen. Do them well! :)

    ReplyDelete