Phrase

Giving your unpainted armies a ray of hope.

Friday, February 15, 2013

Thumbs Up for Badger

I just wanted to give a little shout out to Badger Airbrush Co.



If you remember my last video, I had received my box of Minitair paints from Badger. The company wasn't prepared for the wave of people trying to get their stuff, and as a result it took them about a month to get the product out.

A week or so after placing my order I received an email from Ken Badger explaining the delay and asking that I email him when I received my paints. I was curious where this was going, so I kept that in the back of my mind while I waited.

After my unboxing video, sorting my colors, and testing out a few, I sent him an email thanking him for the great product. What impressed me was what followed. He asked me for my address so he could send me a thank you gift. And today I received a thank you note, a gift code, and this:
Now I realize that some mixing cups and a good sized bottle of airbrush lubricant (which I used right away!) didn't cost them too much. But the fact that the owner of Badger wanted to make things right with everyone, not just those who emailed him complaining, is very respectable.

Maybe I'm just a sucker, but it's things like this that make a company stand out to me. I wasn't concerned that my paints were going to be delayed - stuff happens, and they can't work miracles. But Badger wasn't happy to just have my money, they wanted me to be a satisfied customer without me even asking. It's refreshing to see, and I let Ken know that he had a new loyal customer.

And what great timing on his part, because I'm looking for a new airbrush. When I was initially looking for an airbrush, I told people I just wanted a workhorse to do my basecoats for me. My Iwata HP-CS does a beautiful job, but unfortunately that's all it's ever going to do. And as experienced painters predicted, I fell in love with airbrushing and I'm ready for more. So it looks like the airbrush I purchase for doing detail work is going to come from Badger!

I really recommend you check them out. They're having a 25% off sale on the Webair site where I purchased my paints, just use the code Winter2013.

See you tomorrow with my finished Play It Painted models, and maybe a new pledge!

No comments:

Post a Comment