Phrase

Giving your unpainted armies a ray of hope.

Monday, February 4, 2013

Sewer? I'll Take Her for All She Has!

After sitting down and figuring out how I wanted Hamelin and his swarm of rats to look, I realized that I just couldn't sell it without some appropriate scenery. Here's what I'm thinking.




If a guy controls rats, he belongs in a sewer. So that's where I'm planning to stick him!

Let me break down what I've done with my overwhelming ability to draw coherent images.

The light blue is the brick work. I still need to look at more source images, but I plan on having the edge closest to me break off, as though the scene were removed from the world and frozen in time.

There will be 2 walls. One on the opposite edge of the main path, and one in the back with a sewer pipe coming out of it.

The pipe will be appropriately nasty, and will drain in to a trough. I haven't decided what to do with this T intersection. I may have it go to a dead end with the sewer water going through an iron grate.

The black is a rough idea of what the swarm will look like. It will pour in from both ends of the tunnel and move toward the left. The black dot is where I plan on putting Hamelin.

And that about sums up my plans for this contest. Rats, kids, sewers, and one man to rule them all.

While I wait for my stuff to arrive, I'm going to try getting some work done on this terrain. The layout itself is pretty simple, but getting some bricks I like, and making them grimy, is going to be the bulk of my work here.

If you haven't yet, don't forget to enter my giveaway coming up on Friday. I'd like to get at least 10 entries, so tell your friends!

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. How are you going to integrate the children into the scene? Just curious. I imagined the piper standing a little bit out of the cities main gate and a stream of rats/children coming through the gate. Then you could build some dynamics into it. So you could have the cobbled road floating between the main gate and the tree the piper is playing under. I will have to draw it if that doesn't make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have 3 Stolen to place throughout. I planned on having them being slightly overtaken by the tide of rats while mindless marching in the same direction, sort of like what happens when you stand in the ocean and have a small wave hit you. It's not overwhelming, but it creates a bit of rise in the water immediately around you.

    Unfortunately, Hamelin doesn't have much of an instrument in his model, which is why I chose to have him in more of a commanding position.

    ReplyDelete