Phrase

Giving your unpainted armies a ray of hope.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Addiction and Progress

As promised, here's my second PIP2K13 February pledge.




Wolds were the popular choice, and ol' One-Arm was the winner.

After posting my pledge on the Muse on Minis thread, I decided to get a quick basecoat down. I had some time, and I prefer doing my airbrushing all in one go so I only have to clean it once, so I did some highlighting and shading as well.

Well at that point it was just a hunk of grey. I still had some time, so I started adding white to the runes on his stone plates. Although it looked neat having blazing white runes, I figured I should just get the stone work done, so I finished his runes with some glazing..

He's literally made of sticks and stones and magic, and at this point I couldn't really see the sticks because they were grey from the stone plates' overspray. I hit those with some brown, but wouldn't you know it? The whole thing really needed to have the ropes look distinct, so I lightened up the ropes as well.

This month's No Quarter had tips on painting a huge model with very similar features to this one. I saw an interesting tip on using inks on all the wood and ropes. Up till now I'd only used inks on small things like glow effects, so I had to test that one out.

And after a few more highlights and details... well, see for yourself.


It's not done yet, but I certainly fell victim to my painting addiction and its "just one more color" prodding that is responsible for painting up my Khador army in a relatively short time. I'll probably finish up tonight so I can get him sealed, based, and on the table.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment