Phrase

Giving your unpainted armies a ray of hope.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Conflicting Sewer Ideas

I'm having second thoughts about the sewer.



Don't get me wrong, I don't think putting Hamelin in a sewer scene is a bad idea. However, I was browsing through Wyr'd website and found this little beauty:




This is a full set of sewer terrain made by Wyrd Miniatures. Naturally flat scenery printed on cardboard won't be better than a hand-crafted sewer. However, the fact that this would utilize another Wyrd product may not be a terrible thing. The picture obviously wouldn't be taken of the entire thing - just a small section that looks really nice.

As a reminder, here's the beginning stages of my sewer:



And I won't lie, the thought of getting to move on to my charity project sooner is very appealing. Plus I'd have a sweet piece of terrain for IKRPG.  However, I don't want to completely destroy my project if the hand-crafted sewer idea is just that much better than the Terraclips terrain.

So let me know what you guys think. Should I stick with the plan, or deviate and have everything but the rat swarm be made by Wyrd Miniatures?

See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. We should already have some Terraclips scenery in Luke's basement somewhere. I like the realism of a hand made terrain piece over the Terraclips stuff, but that is just me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he speaks the truth. You have played on it in warmachine vs me actually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I remember, Fritz. I believe it's the first and last time you let me play with a destructible environment :D

    But I think the Malifaux sewers are rather appropriate and much more diverse in their detail.

    ReplyDelete