Phrase

Giving your unpainted armies a ray of hope.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Where's the Line?


The newest edition of Malifaux has released with a lot of favorable reviews. The new edition has apparently fix a lot of issues from the first game, making it a better experience overall.

As I've been reading up on Malifaux for over a year now, but I've never been able to talk anyone in to making the jump with me. With a new edition's release it's much easier to start a game because it's free from all the bloat that an established game has. While it's the perfect time to buy the rulebook and a couple starter boxes, I just can't make myself do it.

I think I've finally hit my limit on the number of hobbies I can juggle, especially with the November flood of video games coming out. Between painting and playing Warmachine, as well as enjoying video games and Magic when I have a chance, it's hard to even fathom squeezing another game's rules in to my brain. Not to mention my ongoing desire to somehow fit board games in to my

I actually hate to admit defeat on this one because I love the Malifaux miniatures. I also love skirmish games, and the low model count is very appealing. Add to that the fact that you use a Fate deck in lieu of actual dice and you have a very unique game that I really want to try out.

Sadly, I just don't see myself fitting in another miniature's game, and Warmachine is definitely my main game. I knew I'd eventually have to draw the line on how many games I could juggle without sacrificing time elsewhere, but who knew I'd only be able to manage a single non-video game?

Oh well, in this case I'll definitely take quality over quantity if it means I can at least be decent at one game.


See you tomorrow!

Remember to follow me on Facebook! I'm doing a blog post every single day for 2013, and Facebook is a great way to stay up-to-date as well as take part in my monthly giveaways. This month's giveawayis for a set of Original FPS Freeks!

1 comment:

  1. Don't you guys still have Infinity boxes waiting to be assembled to learn that game as well? :)

    ReplyDelete