Phrase

Giving your unpainted armies a ray of hope.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

YouTube Shoutout - TonyIsntGood


Eons ago I told you guys I would be helping a buddy do some "Let's Play" videos on YouTube. We finally got some gaming time, and I must say that his resulting videos are pretty fun to listen to.

The game we're currently playing is Dungeon Defenders, which is just a retelling of the standard tower defense genre. We've been gaming together for a few years now, so I hope you guys enjoy eavesdropping on us during some relaxed gaming. We still have some work to do on our dead air (which is mostly on me), but for his first video I think he has a great start.




I encourage you guys to subscribe to him. He's got some great ideas in the works, and I want him to know that people will be there to watch it. And for those of you who just can't get enough of me (or haven't yet grown sick of me), our Let's Plays should be posted almost every day for the foreseeable future!

[And if you do subscribe, tell him Ray sent you so he knows where his bread comes from!]


See you tomorrow!

Remember to follow me on Facebook! I'm doing a blog post every single day for 2013, and Facebook is a great way to stay up-to-date as well as take part in my monthly giveaways. This month's giveawayis for a hand-made dice bag from Greyed Out Productions!

1 comment:

  1. I think it was a good start up attempt but I think it probably needs some fine tuning to get people to want to watch them more often.

    Now let me preface this with the fact that I am no professional but coming at this strictly from a guy who plays video games watching a video so feel free to disagree with my opinions.

    So let the constructive criticism begin!

    The video wasn't too long - I think this is a positive thing because you don't want to give too much away and you don't want to lose the viewers interest. It could have been a little bit shorter but not horrible.

    The game sound was WAY to low - Before posting it to YouTube I would listen to it and make sure that everything is good as far as sound goes. I could barely hear any of the sound from the game itself, it was just you guys talking. So it left a very hard to hear the story set up of the plot.

    Polish up the game play before you make the video - It is nice to see a game before I buy it, this is true. It would be better though if you took some time to familiarize yourself with the game before you make the video. There were instances of you guys trying to equip things that didn't work out, or special abilities you didn't seem to really know about. If you were familiar with the game you could give the overall premise, classes available to play, a brief tutorial on equipping and leveling up a character. Instead it felt to me like a couple of friends trying a game out together for the first time. Great for people who know you maybe, but it could lose people who don't know you because they don't want to watch you jump around a dungeon for 15 minutes trying to figure things out. Show me that you know the basics of the game, lay them out to me, tell me why you do or don't like the game. It will make the videos more enjoyable in the end with some witty banter in between.

    Those are the main thoughts I had if I were to critique the video. I would watch one again to see how things progress.

    Feel free to disagree or ask me to elaborate if you would like.

    ReplyDelete