Phrase

Giving your unpainted armies a ray of hope.

Sunday, August 4, 2013

"Battle for Hope" Charity Event


Just as I was preparing to send off my charity army to Clash for a Cure and pretend that I could take a break from painting, I received a surprising email yesterday. Battle for Hope is doing a similar charity event at the end of the year, and one of the organizers asked if I'd be interested. As I check the two charities they'll be supporting, Autism Speaks and the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, I immediately knew my answer.

By the grace of God I overcame a 14 year battle with suicide and depression this year. I know how damaging it can be, and in the past few months I've been trying to figure out a way I could help those suffering through that kind of pain. Being able to lend my painting talents (such as they are) to such a great cause has me overjoyed. If you guys are painters, I would really encourage you to get involved with this Warmachine charity event.

I'm still undecided about what I want to go with. I've learned my lesson and will only be doing a single model(s), as opposed to an actual army this time around. I'm tempted to hunt for a cheap colossal or battle engine on Bartertown, or maybe just do a warjack or two. From visiting AFSP's website, I think a purple and yellow theme would be fun to do, although blue is also an option since both charities have a blue logo. Decisions!



My friend Josh insists I'm a glutton for punishment. That's probably true, but what a way to be punished. Painting and helping charity? Oh the humanity!

But seriously, check out Battle for Hope's website if only to see their awesome banner. Support them if you can, or cheer me on as I look forward to a lifetime of painting!



See you tomorrow!

Remember to follow me on Facebook. I'm doing a blog post every single day for 2013, and Facebook is a great way to stay up-to-date as well as take part in my monthly giveaways! This month's giveawayis for a hand-made dice bag from Greyed Out Productions!

1 comment:

  1. As another war gamer who has wrestled with suicide and depression (and won), I am absolutely getting involved with this event. I wouldn't have even known about it without this post and I thank you for sharing.

    Happy Painting!

    ReplyDelete