Phrase

Giving your unpainted armies a ray of hope.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

So Much to Work Toward!

Often times I like to think that I'm growing as a hobbyist. I'm learning new techniques rather often, and I'm at least decent enough for people to pay me money to do it.


Then there are days like today when I realize that these huge mountains I feel like I conquer are actually just rolling hills compared to what others are doing. I mean really, just look at this video. It's in German, so turn on captions/subtitles, but look at what this guy did with a Cygnar Stormwall.



How am I supposed to strive for that?! Not only did he do a beautiful job on the paint and base, but he made spinning chainguns THAT SPIT OUT USED CASINGS! I had to watch this a couple of times because it's just too mindblowing to believe someone did this.

When I first watched it I saw his control panel and my mouth dropped slightly. Then he showed glowing eyes and I thought "Oh, so it'll glow in a few places. Neat." HA! If there were any room on the inside, I imagine this guy would have had built a Lightning Pod ejector, probably with a glass casing so he could create 3 mini plasma globes.

Tomorrow I'll probably watch it again and then find 10 different tutorials on LED installation so I can do it myself, because that's how these things tend to go for me. But seriously, I bow to this man's imagination and modelling skills. This is pure excellence.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go make miniature version of myself out of greenstuff (get it, because I'm green with envy?)

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I have some ideas I'd like to incorporate into Terminus and the Eldar Avatar now.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just ridiculous! I can't even begin to imagine the time that guy has invested in that model. He took this hobby as a whole and owned it.

    ReplyDelete