Phrase

Giving your unpainted armies a ray of hope.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

All Painted, All the Time

Last month I started the Play It Painted 2013 challenge with Muse On Minis. After getting bitten by the painting bug (again), I think I'm ready to take the plunge and only field a fully-painted army.

As I said in my previous post, I'm not doing this to be a snob. I realize that my situation grants me more time than most people to pursue something I'm passionate about. And if my blog-a-day challenge has taught me anything about myself, it's that I can push myself to do anything when a negative consequence is on the line; forget all that positive reinforcement nonsense!

I've had my painting tray slowly filling up with models that need to be painted. I never played them because they weren't painted, yet I never told myself I couldn't play with them, thus trapping them in a weird limbo. But after cementing in my mind that I only want painted models in front of me, I'm finding the task much less daunting.

What's even better is that eventually I'll grow tired of playing the same models, and I'll be able to easily talk myself in to painting more. I'm trying to give myself a good head start because I have several commissions coming in on top of the charity army I'll be doing. I'd like to finish the Circle models that appeal to me, as well as a few pieces left over from Khador.

So wish me luck guys! I have about half my Circle army left, a few Khador pieces, then a small Cygnar and Skorne force. And of course Cyriss will need to be done in a few months, plus I'm going to be teaching myself to make terrain... well, it's obvious why Tomb Raider is the first (and perhaps last!) console game I've played this year.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment