Phrase

Giving your unpainted armies a ray of hope.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Charity Army - Ribbons!

As promised yesterday, here's the idea I'm working on for my Clash for a Cure donation.

Although it's not a cancer-specific event, pink tends to be the dominant color used to represent cancer. To that end, I'm going to be painting a pink Protectorate of Menoth army. However, I don't want to just paint it pink - I want it to have something unique to it.

The plan is to file the menofixes (crosses) off the models and replace them with breast cancer ribbons. For example, I'd take this:



Then I'd hack off the menofix and the end of their staves and do something like this:



That's easy enough to do, but the real challenge comes with models like this:



That's more than just hacking something off and making a ribbon from greenstuff. The fact that it bends in the middle creates a bit of a challenge that I'm trying to figure out. I want the ribbon to look perfect, but without any true experience in conversions I'm a bit leery to go all in with something important like this. I have some test models I'm experimenting with, but I can't say I'm terribly confident about pulling it off.

If not, I've decided that a nice looking army is better than a cruddy looking idea. I have a few ideas that use the ribbon shape in case Plan A doesn't work out, but I'll make sure it looks great for the event. I can't wait to get going on these models!

See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a real challenge! Look forward to seeing the results!

    ReplyDelete