Phrase

Giving your unpainted armies a ray of hope.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What I've been up to

I just wanted to do a quick update on what I've been up to recently. While painting miniatures is my idea of relaxing, making terrain is how I let my imagination go crazy. I'm fascinated with how a single piece of terrain can set the tone for a battle. But I'll save you from my poetic musings for another time. For now, enjoy a peek at what my group can look forward to.



I'll just start with one I've been most excited to work on.


I saw a similar set of ruined houses somewhere on the internet, and I really wanted to create my own. I picked up a a set of these craft sticks and just decided to have at it and see what happened.

The idea is that something blasted the door off its hinges and ripped through the other side of the house. I pictured a Khadoran warjack looking at a house in his way and scoffing at the idea of going around it. There will be much more overgrowth to come - so far I've glued it to the base and slapped a sepia wash on all the wood.

I'm happy with how it's turning out, and I can't wait to get to the finer details so I can really give it some personality.


Next up is the barebones start using some premade walls. When I was cleaning out the bedroom, I came across my old Lord of the Rings miniatures game that I bought YEARS ago. In addition to getting some more round bases for my Orks, I came across these pieces.

I'm not quite sure what I want to do with it. I'm tempted to make it an abandoned squatter's camp, with a long-extinguished fire and some other rubbish lying around. Whatever I do, I'm pretty sure I'll be testing out my airbrush on it next month.

As a bonus, here's another thing I'm incredibly excited about.

A three tier display case! I got this from my father-in-law the other day, and I can't wait to fill it with some display pieces. I usually don't worry about painting display-quality pieces because all I do is use them in my games. But now that I have a dedicated case, I don't think I have any choice but to buy a bunch of sweet looking pieces and get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment