Phrase

Giving your unpainted armies a ray of hope.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Everyone Starts Somewhere
As I've been building the bulk of my commission painting business, I've been overwhelmed at how much is involved in just getting this thing off the ground. I entered in to it thinking a website with some basic info would suffice. It wasn't until I turned to my friends for advice that I realized I needed a big online presence, expensive equipment, a well-designed website, a decent logo... on and on the list seems to go!


But as a friend recently said to me, "everyone starts somewhere." A simple statement, but it reminded me of who I was and what I wanted. I've always had an entrepreneurial mindset, yet I'd forgotten the basic principles of starting a business. If I want my dream to succeed, I have to give it a good start. Sure I could have started with a sloppily-designed website and improved it as the business grew, but what does that say about where I want this to go? If I want to go big, I need a strong foundation. Best foot forward, and all that, right?

 So here I am, starting a blog; something I was sure I'd never do. But Ray of Paint Studios is my dream, and as I continue to create this business, I grow more and more excited to share it with others. This is going to be an amazing experience, and I hope you'll stick around and enjoy the ride with me.

2 comments: